I was really excited to sit down with Travis Scott from StuffParentsLike.com to share his success with the Amazon FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) clearance arbitrage business, and also to get his insight since I just started playing around with this side hustle myself.
Travis has seen impressive results with Amazon, netting $25,000 so far this year through July, in addition to his full-time job and duties as a dad.
You may remember Travis from a guest post he contributed on his FBA adventures last year (back when he was only at $500 per month). Indeed, he’s been a vocal supporter of Side Hustle Nation from the very early days.
And how’s that for scaling up in just over 12 months!
It was a toy store liquidation that earned Travis his first big “win,” and he’s been hooked ever since. If you’re not familiar with how this business works, basically it’s a game of “buy low, sell high,” only amplified because Amazon takes care of the selling and shipping for you.
You find items on clearance locally, and send them off in bulk to Amazon. This is one of the absolute cheapest side hustles to get started. (I started completely for free, not including the “inventory” I bought on my first sourcing trips.)
Free PDF Download:
- How Travis works this business in less than an hour a day.
- His favorite sourcing spots.
- What criteria he looks for when making purchases.
- The tools and tech he uses to get ‘r done.
- His plans to scale and grow the business even more, to potentially fully replace his day job.
- Travis’ #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
Learn how @stufparentslike earns $4k a month bargain shopping and selling on Amazon http://www.sidehustlenation.com/125 via @nloper #AmazonFBA
- Stuff Parents Like
- Travis’ Amazon FBA course (The Udemy version is no longer available)
- The Amazon Seller app (iTunes | Android)
- Profit Bandit
- Inventory Lab
- USB barcode scanner
- Getting Started with Private Labeling and Amazon FBA
- Video Speed Controller
What do you think? Viable side hustle or no?
Free PDF Download: