I’m Nick and I have a confession. When I recorded this episode with Alex Barker from AlexBarker.org (The Leadership Dojo podcast), I had never been in any sort of formal mastermind group.
Listen to the collective gasp in my blogger/podcaster/entrepreneur-type circles, that information is blasphemy!
It’s totally my fault. Masterminds are something I see huge value in but just never made a priority — until now.
In this episode, we talk all the details of what a mastermind is and why they’re important for side hustlers. Alex knows a thing or two about the topic, having written the book on the subject: Hangout and Grow Rich: How to Build Your Virtual Mastermind in 30 Days (which he generously offered for free to Side Hustle Nation if you visit his site and send him a message).
- What a mastermind is. (“Your personal board of directors.”)
- What I picture when I hear the word “mastermind.”
- Why you should have one.
- How to set it up (where to find potential members).
- The technology to run the meetings.
- The 4-part structure/format of the meetings so everyone benefits.
- Alex’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Dan Miller | 48 Days to the Work You Love
- Hangout and Grow Rich on Facebook
- Fire Nation Elite
- Mike Kawula
- Alex’s Udemy course (Use code SIDEHUSTLE for 50% off!)
Have you ever been in a mastermind group? Did you get value from it? Let me know in the comments below, and I’m especially curious if you’d be interested in joining an upcoming group specifically for side hustlers.
Ready to get your hustle on?
Check out the details here and fill out an application.