Lise Cartwright and I originally connected in Pat Flynn’s Kindle author Facebook group. She “came out of nowhere” as they say, and published 13 books in 6 months, and now earns between $3000 and $4000 a month in author royalties.
Of course the truth is she didn’t come out of nowhere at all; she came out of New Zealand and had already built a successful freelance writing business. However, the hustle of delivering work for clients all day had her seeking a more time-leveraged use of her skills.
Since she already knew how to write well and write quickly, she figured book publishing was a natural next step. On this week’s episode, Lise explains how she invested in Chandler Bolt‘s Self-Publishing School to learn the ins and outs of the Kindle world, and hit the ground running after that.
Listen in to learn how she launched her original freelancing side hustle, when it became time to quit her job, and how she’s been able to create so much success on Amazon in such a short time.
Free PDF Download:
- KindleLaunchCourse.com – Learn the proven process to take your book from idea to bestseller.
- How Lise got started as a freelance writer, in spite of never having done it before.
- How she won jobs on oDesk.
- Her innovative way of finding higher-value clients.
- When Lise was able to quit her job to focus on her freelancing biz full-time.
- Her transition from client work to Kindle books — getting paid many times for the same piece of work instead of just once.
- The investments she made in her own entrepreneurial education along the way.
- How she wrote her first book in 3 weeks and launched it to the top of Amazon, even with no email list.
- Lise’s “monthly maintenance” plan for her ebook portfolio, including checking or changing categories and keywords, running a promotion, and setting up social media updates.
- Lise’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Lise’s books on Amazon
- Location Rebel | SeanOgle.com
- oDesk (now Upwork.com)
- Self-Publishing School (affiliate link)
- Nick Stephenson on The Side Hustle Show (Build your email list from Amazon)
- Ida Syverinsen (cover artist)
- Steve Windsor (fiction author and cover artist)
What do you think? Could you turn Kindle publishing into a pretty serious income stream like Lise has? This episode definitely got me pumped up to beef up my book portfolio and see if I catch up to her level!
Free PDF Download: