Today, Alexis Grant runs a social media, content marketing, and blog management agency and manages a team of 10 people to get it all done.
But like many of us, she started off as a side hustler, working her way up and adding clients until it was time to make the leap.
She took some very strategic steps along the way, including setting up clients on a retainer model instead of a one-off project basis, and building a “personal brand” and audience of her own through her blog.
Alexis is someone I’ve crossed paths with online a few times over the past couple years, because her company manages a couple blogs I’ve guested on, including BrazenLife and ThePennyHoarder. After digging a little deeper into her blog and her story, I thought she’d be the perfect fit for The Side Hustle Show.
In fact, she wrote the book on the subject, Turn Your Side Hustle into a Full-Time Business and Surpass Your Day Job Income in Just 6 Months.
Listen in for actionable tips on getting started as a freelancer, selling digital products, and smart networking on social media.
Free PDF Download:
- Website Magazine – Get a FREE print subscription to Website Magazine (no strings attached!)
- How she landed her first clients and the smart advice her dad gave her on setting up the work on a retainer model.
- How she priced her services, and how volunteering for some unpaid work helped build some social proof and a portfolio to point to.
- How Alexis’ blog pulled clients in for both her services and her products.
- Why she prefers to sell her books directly on her own site instead of Amazon.
- How to get noticed by influencers on Twitter.
- Alexis’ #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Alexis’ books (affiliate link)
- Episode 54 w/ Kimberly Palmer (Recession-Proof Your Life)
What do you think? Could you apply these strategies to build a job-escaping side hustle?
This conversation definitely got my brain spinning on some ideas I could implement!
Free PDF Download: