Scott Oldford sent me a proposal for a podcast episode about part-time podcasting, and included the hook, “I’ve made $1900 in revenue … from one of my first episodes.”
OK, I’m listening!
Scott and I actually met on a Clarity.fm call earlier this year — another example of putting yourself out there and seeing what happens.
He’s the host of the Executive Minute Podcast and co-hosts the Limitless Business Podcast, on top of running Infinitus, an online marketing firm. In this episode we discuss how a podcast can be a very part-time venture but still reach a wide audience and begin to earn revenue on its own.
Generally speaking, a podcast is a poor business model (like a blog!), but if you consider it a marketing channel for your larger business it can be a worthwhile endeavor.
Still, Scott explains how he’s generated standalone income from The Executive Minute almost from day 1, including referral sponsorships, paid speaking gigs, consulting contracts, and even a $75k client for his business.
We’ll also share how to set your show up for success right out of the gate.
Free PDF Download:
- KindleLaunchCourse.com – Learn the proven process to take your book from idea to bestseller.
- How to position your show as unique in the marketplace to get attention.
- Why there’s still room for great audio content, and how we’re still in the very early days of podcasting.
- Why a short-format daily podcast has an advantage in iTunes over a longer form weekly show. (oops!)
- How to consistently come up with content and batch-process your recording.
- How Scott is monetizing the podcast through referral agreements with his favorite services. (You may have noticed I’ve been experimenting with this a little myself!)
- How the show led to a $400 an hour consulting client and paid speaking engagements.
- How he got the local press to write about his launch.
- The step-by-step process to get your new show to the top of the ranks when you launch. (Similar to the strategy I outlined here.)
- Scott’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Scott’s book, Connections that Count
- The $100 MBA Show
- The UnPodcast
- The Tim Ferriss Show
What do you think? Could you add a podcast to your side hustle repertoire?
Obviously I’m a fan!
Free PDF Download: