I was intrigued by his story because by all accounts — even his own — he’s got the dream job! I mean who wouldn’t love working for ESPN?
Why would someone like James still be all about the side hustle? He’s got several projects going on outside of work, including a book called Insider Journalism Secrets and a membership website.
Definitely an interesting one to tune into.
Alex has added a couple powerful business books to his suite of smartphone apps, and his marketing suggestions helped increase the exposure of this podcast 20% in just a couple months!
Learn more here.
- How James got hired by ESPN.
- What the “salary ceiling” is and how it kept him motivated to exercise his entrepreneurial muscles.
- How he created his first product in just 10 days, with an initial investment of $200.
- Why his early attempts to sell it didn’t really ring the cash register, and the strategic shift that changed everything.
- Why James loves email unsubscribes, and the change he implemented in his autoresponder strategy.
- The unique sales funnels that feed his new membership site.
- Why he credits an investment in coaching and mentorship as the best dollars a beginner can spend.
- James’ #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- James on Entrepreneur on Fire
- Inside Journalism Secrets
- GetResponse (Aweber Alternative)
- Never Eat Alone
- Winning with People
- Alpha Male Club
- Alpha Male Club Podcast
- JamesSwanwick.com/SideHustle << James’ gift for SHN listeners
What do you guys think? Would you keep hustling even if you scored your dream job?