I’m thrilled to welcome Benny Hsu back to The Side Hustle Show!
Remember Benny from way back in episode 17, when we talked about dominating the app store?
In 2014, his app business took a backseat to a new side hustle: selling t-shirts through Teespring. I ran into Benny at Podcast Movement last summer, where I was proudly rocking my “Every day I’m hustling” tee, and we got to chatting about his new Teespring business.
Teespring is like “kickstarter for t-shirts” — each campaign you set up has a minimum order requirement before it “tips,” and the shirts get printed and shipped. You upload your own designs, set your own order campaign minimums, and set your prices. As the organizer, you earn the profit margin on your price above and beyond your cost of materials.
Teespring handles all the printing, payment processing, and order fulfillment.
How much money could there be in t-shirts? Well, according to some estimates, custom screen-printing is a $2 billion dollar annual industry, and I was blown away when Benny told me he’d netted more than $100,000 in less than 6 months!
Free PDF Download:
- The Side Hustle Nation Inner Circle Mastermind. New groups are forming on a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply now to kickstart your business in 2015.
- How Benny’s first 21 designs failed to ship, and why he kept pressing.
- How much he’ll spend advertising a campaign before scrapping it.
- How to come up with potentially winning t-shirt ideas.
- Examples of shirt concepts that have done well, and ones that have flopped.
- The legal and trademark issues to avoid.
- Benny’s minimum campaign settings and target profit per item.
- How to target the exact buyers on Facebook.
- One joint-venture strategy to reduce your ad-buying risk.
- How you may be able to get free Facebook advertising credit.
- How to milk a winning campaign for max. profit.
- Benny’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Get Busy Living Blog
- Teespring University (free resource)
- http://teeview.phatograph.com/ (Now Teeview.org)
- My latest Teespring attempt — I was sure this was gonna be a winner!
- The Official Teespring Facebook Group
- Another Facebook group for new Teespring sellers
- A third Facebook group for Teespring sellers
What do you think? Viable side hustle or no?
Would you have the patience to sit through 21 money-losing campaigns and stick with it?
Free PDF Download: