It’s time once again to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since the last Q&A episode, and picked 18 to talk through in today’s show.
Click here to join Side Hustle Nation for free!
Like this format?
This is the 13th installment of “20 Questions” so feel free to go back and binge on the older ones too:
- 451: Affiliate Marketing, Early Retirement, and Side Hustle Shifts Over 8 Years of Podcasting: 20 Questions with Nick
- 431: Fear of Selling, Protecting Ideas, Podcasting and More
- 412: Side Hustle Ethics, Charging Your Friends, the Side Hustles I’m Most Excited About, and More
- 365: Market Saturation, Mind Mapping, Miracle Mornings, and More
- 346: The Con of the Side Hustle, Beanie Babies, Affiliate Marketing, and More
- 320: Multiplying Money, Morning Routines, and $100k Side Hustles
- 291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
We’re covering podcasting, affiliate marketing, passive income ideas, my proofreading side hustle, customer service issues, and more.
- Freshbooks.com – Start your 30-day free trial today!
Download the Free Time Tracking Template + My 10 Favorite Productivity Tools
Punch in your name and email below to see where your hours are really going, plus my favorite time-saving tools.
You'll also receive my best side hustle tips and weekly-ish newsletter. Opt-out anytime.
- Is it a bad idea to embed YouTube videos from other content creators? (0:46)
- Are there any side hustles you’d recommend for teachers with low startup costs? (2:17)
- Why did you start publishing two episodes a week instead of just one? (5:08)
- Can you help me scale a passive income to at least $50k a month? (7:22)
- How can I find good-paying clients for a virtual assistant side hustle? (11:01)
- Who would really tune into a super local podcast? (13:03)
- How did you market yourself on Fiverr? (14:53)
- How much money did you earn proofreading books? (17:57)
- How can I monetize my podcast? (18:46)
- My freelance work has been slow this month. What would you do for a quick infusion of cash? (20:45)
- How important is video for a new podcast? (23:00)
- What’s the best way to get started selling a service? (26:10)
- What platform should I start with to create and share content? (27:24)
- Do you know of anyone earning income as a legal plan membership sales rep? (28:28)
- How would you react when a long-time customer asks you for a discount? (30:01)
- What’s the best way to handle customers who want a refund? (31:41)
- What could you set up in 4 hours that would generate $50 a month in passive income? (33:40)
- How can you make affiliate marketing work if you don’t have a large audience or a popular site? (35:31)
Links and Resources
- Camron Stover on The Side Hustle Show (Hunting Gear Deals)
- Side Hustles for Teachers
- How to Make Money on Outschool
- Nate Dodson on The Side Hustle Show
- Drop servicing case study
- Jungle Scout
- Helium 10
- Free 5-Day Salesforce Challenge
- Jayne Havens on The Side Hustle Show (Sleep Consulting)
- Dynamite Jobs
- Virtual Assistant Savvies Facebook Group
- Abbey Ashley on The Side Hustle Show (Starting a Virtual Assistant Business)
- Bill Nowicki on The Side Hustle Show (Starting a Local Podcast)
- Melissa Fassel-Dunn on The Side Hustle Show (Local Facebook Groups and Directories)
- Georgia Austin on The Side Hustle Show (freelance writing on Fiverr)
- Travel Experiences Reimagined
- Rob Pitingolo on The Side Hustle Show (Local Tours Side Hustle)
- How to Monetize a Podcast
- Kai Davis on The Side Hustle Show (How to Get More Clients)
- Dustin Lien on The Side Hustle Show (Partner Workshops)
- My YouTube Channel
- Jennifer Maker on The Side Hustle Show
- Book Yourself Solid
- Start Your Side Hustle Course
- Robert Farrington on The Side Hustle Show (Building a 7-Figure Blog)
- Legal Shield
- Merch and Print on Demand
- Rachel Jones on The Side Hustle Show (Selling Printables on Etsy)
- Neighbor.com – Rent out your extra space
- Sa El on The Side Hustle Show (Profitable Insurance Blog)