I’ve got another 20 Questions episode for you today, diving into the ol’ listener mailbag.
As is customary on these episodes, I’ve pulled out questions from the Side Hustle Nation community from over the last few months and will attempt to answer those for your benefit and listening pleasure.
This is the 14th installment of this series so feel free to check out the older ones:
- 498: Profitable Podcasting, Getting Clients, and $50k/mo in Passive Income: 20 Questions with Nick
- 451: Affiliate Marketing, Early Retirement, and Side Hustle Shifts Over 8 Years of Podcasting: 20 Questions with Nick
- 431: Fear of Selling, Protecting Ideas, Podcasting and More
- 412: Side Hustle Ethics, Charging Your Friends, the Side Hustles I’m Most Excited About, and More
- 365: Market Saturation, Mind Mapping, Miracle Mornings, and More
- 346: The Con of the Side Hustle, Beanie Babies, Affiliate Marketing, and More
- 320: Multiplying Money, Morning Routines, and $100k Side Hustles
- 291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
We’re talking pricing, podcasting, pre-aged domains, privacy, personal growth, permission to go full time, and lots more.
- LMNT – Claim your free 8-serving sample pack with any purchase!
New to the Show?
Get your personalized money-making playlist here!
- Any good examples of email follow-up sequences that work? (01:28)
- What keeps you up at night? (03:09)
- Reclining seats on the airplane — yay or nay? (05:24)
- Should I use my existing Amazon customer account for Kindle Direct Publishing? Is there an advantage of buying my own ISBN? (06:23)
- Is it possible to succeed in affiliate marketing without Amazon Associates? (08:10)
- As your boys are getting older, are you involving them in the business in any way? (11:17)
- What’s a controversial or unconventional money take of yours? (13:39)
- What are some of the best books to read for solopreneurs or freelancers to build B2B business? (14:57)
- Are there any side hustles that stress you out or that you wouldn’t recommend? (16:55)
- My side hustle has turned into my full-time business. When does it make sense to form an LLC? (19:57)
- Why am I getting unwanted calls and texts after starting my website? (23:07)
- Do you think you could shorten the timeline by buying pre-aged domains? (24:55)
- What are you using these days to record the podcast? (26:34)
- Do you have to pay state or federal taxes on the money earned from these side hustles? (27:51)
- What are some good free programs for people who want to do print-on-demand books and journals? (28:44)
- What are your thoughts on the importance of a consistent podcast publishing schedule? (29:51)
- Any suggestion on where I should price myself? (31:43)
- I am wanting to find something to help me with personal growth to better occupy my downtime at work. Any recommendations? (34:04)
- How do I get over my fear of quitting my job and just take the plunge? (35:30)
- Do you have any recommendations for logo creation if you have no idea what kind of concept you want? (39:30)
Links and Resources
- Get your personalized money-making playlist
- Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula
- Daniel Throssell on The Side Hustle Show (Email Marketing Tips)
- Riley Jarvis on The Side Hustle Show (9 Quick Ways to Optimize Your Sleep and Feel Super Human)
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
- Amazon Associates
- Matt Wolfe on The Side Hustle Show (Advanced Affiliate Marketing Strategies)
- Alex Goldberg and Healy Jones on The Side Hustle Show (Affiliate Marketing Case Study)
- Robert Brandl on The Side Hustle Show (Affiliate Review Sites Done Right)
- Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
- The Millionaire Fastlane by M. J. DeMarco
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow
- Odys Global
- Josh Bauerle on The Side Hustle Show (Your Side Hustle Tax Questions Answered)
- Flav Mederios on The Side Hustle Show (Low Content Publishing)
- WiFi Money Club
- Side Hustle Nation Facebook
- Brian Johnson on The Side Hustle Show (Laying the Groundwork for a Flourishing Life)
- The Top 10 Distinctions Between Millionaires and the Middle Class by Keith Cameron Smith
- Tim Ferriss’ Fear-Setting Exercise
Looking for More Side Hustle Help?
- Start Your Free $500 Challenge. My free 5-day email course shows you how to add $500 to your bottom line.
- Join the free Side Hustle Nation Community. The free Facebook group is the best place to connect with other side hustlers and get your questions answered.
- Download The Side Hustle Show. My free podcast shares how to make extra money with actionable weekly episodes.