Darrel is a full-time Operations Manager for Shofur, a charter bus startup in Atlanta, but has built a sizable side hustle on eBay.
Despite working “crazy hours” and being a top-performer at his day job, he’s sold over $100k worth of merchandise in the last 12 months.
We’ve covered ecommerce in many forms on Side Hustle Nation before, including the popular Amazon FBA model. But I know from conversations in the SH Nation Facebook group, eBay is a common starting ground for side hustlers — and it’s a topic noticeably lacking in the archives.
(Most recently, “Flea Market Flipper” Rob Stephenson mentioned eBay as his favorite platform for reselling items.)
As one of the first and largest peer-to-peer commerce platforms, eBay still gets massive traffic. According to Alexa.com, it’s currently the 7th most popular site in the US and 26th most popular in the world. That’s a lot of eyeballs, and more importantly, that’s a lot of buyers!
In this conversation, Darrel breaks down his inventory acquisition strategies, his step-by-step auction strategy, and how he batches packing and shipping to make the most of his time.
Free PDF Download:
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- DesignCrowd.com – Save up to $100 on your next design project!
- Darrel’s favorite inventory sourcing marketplaces.
- His favorite types of products to flip for profit.
- Some of the tools and apps he uses to run the business, limit his liability, and keep the sales rolling.
- The target profit margin he aims for on each sale, and how to estimate what an item will sell for.
- The systematic way he sets up his auctions for maximum exposure and profit.
- How new sellers can quickly and easily earn their first positive feedback ratings on the platform.
- His take on the new “sell it for me” service on eBay.
- Darrel’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
What do you think? Could you use Darrel’s tips to earn an extra $100 a week? An extra $500?
Free PDF Download:
Pin it for later: