Eight years ago this month I pulled out of the parking lot of my corporate job for the last time.
Actually, my friend had to drive my home since I’d just turned in the keys to my company car.
It was a weird moment, filled with hope and excitement, but also nervousness. Sure, I’d built my side hustle to the point I was comfortable taking the leap, but it was still a leap.
The responsibility of cutting your own paycheck each month is stressful! I joke that on that drive home, I still had hair.
(6 months later, gone!)
Older and wiser and now with 8 years as a full-time entrepreneur, I’ve learned some important lessons along the way. In this episode I attempt to pull out 8 of the most important takeaways from the last 8 years.
I’ll share some examples of each and how you can apply them today.
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- DesignCrowd.com – Save up to $100 on your next design project!
The 8 Lessons:
1. The Most Important Skill is the Skill of Learning New Skills.
2. Be You.
3. Make it a Habit.
4. Hire Help.
5. It’s Not Life Threatening.
6. Be Genuinely Helpful.
7. You Are Your Network.
8. Opportunities and Ideas Emerge Once You’re in Motion.
- Behind the Scenes at Side Hustle Nation (episode 100)
- The Slight Edge | Finding Your Slight Edge
- Made to Stick
- Quora for Bloggers: How to Accelerate Your Authority, Audience Growth, and Traffic
- Jim Kukral’s Author Marketing Club
- Time Hacking for Side Hustlers: How to Get More Hours, Clarity, and Results, with Julie Sheranosher
- How to Make a Full-Time Living Buying and Selling Items on Craigslist, with Ryan Finlay
- Creating a $1k per Week Online Authority Business and a Service Business from Scratch, with Carey Green
- The E-Myth
- Rip, Pivot, and Jam
What do you think? What critical lessons have you learned on your side hustle journey so far?