It’s time to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
It’s been 3 months since the last Q&A show I did and I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since then.
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
Tune in to hear my responses to the questions below.
- Freshbooks.com – Start your 30-day free trial today!
- My roommate and I have a lot of guitars lying around. Should I try to build an online store to sell them?
- How can I use my years of knowledge as a teacher to change people’s lives?
- I am in desperate need of a side hustle. I’m thinking of starting a blog or just writing a book. The other idea I had was maybe drop shipping; what are your thoughts?
- What do you make your PDF books with?
- Do you know of any podcast/website/etc that reviews software/tools/tech for side hustlers?
- I really want to branch out and explore making profits from my blog. How can I get started? What’s the first thing I should know?
- I’ve just about completed what looks like a 12k word blog post on how people working in digital agencies or freelancers can best manage client conflict. Would you suggest putting this out there as an ebook, or posting it as a blog post for epic SEO juice?
- I am from Nigeria and I’ve been worried about some of the restrictions placed on Nigerians by companies like PayPal and Amazon, where we are not allowed to participate in the services they offer. Is there anyway to work around these restrictions?
- How can I monetize my character or personality?
- What microphone do you use?
- When you became a full time onliner, what were some of the things you did to get life in order?
- Is this [side hustling] just a young person project?
- How can I get some freelance work in web development?
- What do you know about qualifying a blogger blog for Adsense?
- How can I freelance my customer service skills?
- I just got your new book. What were the best and worst parts of the writing process?
- Do you have any tips on how to validate my idea?
- I just purchased your book but do not own a kindle. What to do?!
- How do you analyze your unique range of skills and qualities in order to find your highest potential side hustle venture? I have a ton of ideas, some adjacent to my expertise and others not. How do you choose what to do first, or do you follow multiple parallel paths? What criteria help you pick the next step?
- How can I turn $100 into $200?
Links and Resources
- SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- YouTube Marketing: How to Use Free Videos to Build a Full-Time Online Business
- How Book Marketing Really Works: Tips from a 6-Figure Self-Published Author, with Adam Houge
- How to Start an Online Store Without Touching Any Inventory (Drop Shipping 101), with Anton Kraly
- FitSmallBusiness.com (they requested I remove the link for some reason)
- Audio-Technica ATR2100
- 7 Houses at 27: Building a Real Estate Empire on the Side, with Elizabeth Colegrove
- The Side Hustle Nation Freelancing Archives
- Freelance Transformation: From $300 Technician to $20,000 Consultant, with Matt Inglot
- $4k a Month within 6 Months: Marketing and Growing a Freelance Side Hustle, with Gina Horkey
- Will It Fly? by Pat Flynn
- Rob’s $30,000 Side Hustle: Flea Market Flipping, with Rob Stephenson
- How to Build a 6-Figure eBay Business Part-Time, with Darrel Fitzpatrick
- How to Make a Full-Time Living Buying and Selling Items on Craigslist, with Ryan Finlay
Is there a topic you’d like to hear covered on the show? Is there a guest I absolutely NEED to have on?
What can I do to serve you better in the coming months?