In the SEO community, private blog networks (PBNs) have been all the rage lately.
The basic premise is this:
You buy up a small portfolio of expired domains that still retain a strong Domain Authority (a Moz metric for estimating a site’s search engine clout), and put links on those sites to your “money” site.
The net effect is 5-10 perceived high value sites linking to your site, which boosts your rankings in Google.
But since I’m no SEO expert and haven’t executed this strategy myself (yet?), I brought on someone more qualified to speak on the subject. Doug Cunnington from NicheSiteProject.com is a project management expert and niche site SEO master.
In this episode, we’re talking about what it takes to build a private blog network of your own so you can rank your niche / authority sites faster and earn more money.
Free PDF Download:
- What a private blog network is and why you should care.
- What kind of sites work best with this strategy.
- How to plan out your network before spending any money.
- The Page Authority and Domain Authority metrics to look for.
- The domain brokers to check out to begin your acquisition process.
- The minimum requirements to build out each PBN site.
- How much you can expect to budget each domain.
- Common pitfalls in hosting that can send a red flag to Google.
- The risks and opportunities of some of the “public” PBNs.
- How building a PBN can actually turn into a valuable asset and a side hustle opportunity on its own.
- NicheSiteProject.com/SideHustle <– special gift for listeners
- Doug’s step-by-step PBN course
- MozBar Chrome Extension
- Hayden Miyamoto – No Hat SEO
- Lewis Ogden – Cloud Income
- Jon Haver – Authority Website Income
What do you think? There’s a little bit of investment involved here — probably a minimum of $500, but is it worth it if it shoots your niche site to the top of Google?
Is it only a matter of time before Google cracks down on PBNs? Could you build out a network of your own and charge for links on it?
Let me know if you’ve built a private blog network of your own and what the results were like, or if you’re considering building one after this episode.
Free PDF Download: