Teaching what you know in the form of an online course has become the bread and butter for many online entrepreneurs. You can see the appeal: package all your best stuff into a logical and well-presented lesson plan, record it, and sell it over and over again.
Course creation has the potential to be a fantastic passive income business, just like book sales or software. Build an asset that has low-to-zero incremental costs, and sell as many copies as you can — sometimes for $1000 or more.
In this episode I’m chatting with Bailey Richert and her advice for budding “infopreneurs.” In her words, you don’t need a huge audience to start building a successful business, but you would be wise to follow a few important steps.
First, we’ll walk through her recommendations for validating your course idea, creating the content, pricing the different packages, and making sales.
Bailey has definitely got me thinking about what course I should create — or how I should relaunch my Plan, Launch, and Hustle Challenge from last year.
Free PDF Download:
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- DesignCrowd.com – Save up to $100 on your next design project!
- How Bailey’s first info product — a book — was a total disaster, and what she learned from that experience.
- How to validate a course idea and see if it’s something people will really pay for.
- The tools and tech she uses to create, host and market her courses.
- Bailey’s 3-tier pricing strategy and pre-launch sales tips.
- Her thoughts on Udemy vs. hosting your course yourself.
- What she means by “high value” courses and the kind of extras you can offer beyond just a video series.
- Her Attract/Educate/Pitch/Upsell framework.
- How she decides what content to keep free and what to make paid.
- Her take on the open-and-close cart strategy vs. having an evergreen product.
- Bailey’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- ClickFunnels – for membership sites
Free PDF Download: