We’ve got another round of 20 Questions from Side Hustle Nation listeners on the agenda today!
I always enjoy tapping into your collective experience and the challenge of providing helpful answers off the cuff.
As is customary on these episodes, I’ve filtered through a stack of questions from the Side Hustle Nation community over the past few months.
Though we usually hit 20, this time around we’ve got 18 questions to explore.
This is the 15th installment of this series, making it the longest-running series in the Side Hustle Show’s history, so feel free to check out the older ones:
- 556: Pricing, Podcasting, Permission to Quit, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 498: Profitable Podcasting, Getting Clients, and $50k/mo in Passive Income: 20 Questions with Nick
- 451: Affiliate Marketing, Early Retirement, and Side Hustle Shifts Over 8 Years of Podcasting: 20 Questions with Nick
- 431: Fear of Selling, Protecting Ideas, Podcasting and More
- 412: Side Hustle Ethics, Charging Your Friends, the Side Hustles I’m Most Excited About, and More
- 365: Market Saturation, Mind Mapping, Miracle Mornings, and More
- 346: The Con of the Side Hustle, Beanie Babies, Affiliate Marketing, and More
- 320: Multiplying Money, Morning Routines, and $100k Side Hustles
- 291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More
Topics covered include podcast advertising, SEO resources, deciding which side hustle to focus on, and much more.
You’ll hear me reflect on getting sponsors for the show, recommend tools for affiliate marketing, give advice on turning a skill into a money-maker, and share what I’ve been reading lately.
There’s a little something for everyone in this episode, whether you’re just getting started on your first venture or looking to take an existing business to the next level.
Let’s jump right into the questions!
- Kajabi — Start your 30-day free trial today!
- Ladder – Get instantly approved for term life insurance—no doctors, no needles, no paperwork!
- BetterHelp — Get 10% off your first month!
New to the Show?
Get your personalized money-making playlist here!
- If these ideas worked, why are you giving them away? (01:26)
- What should I know about taxes and government regulations before starting? (02:43)
- How did you get your first podcast sponsor and what strategies do you suggest for attracting more? (03:37)
- Do you manage to estimate the LTV and CAC for a podcast? (07:28)
- Have you considered sending newsletters from Beehiiv? (10:00)
- How can I leverage my residential trim carpentry and cabinetry expertise to create new income streams? (10:35)
- What’s a parrothead? (14:26)
- I’m looking to build my knowledge of SEO. What resources do you recommend? (15:18)
- How can I expand my fitness photography side hustle beyond Instagram DMs? (16:41)
- How do you find these guests every week? (17:46)
- I own a CPA firm and specialize in real estate. What is the best way to identify podcasts that would be mutually beneficial? (21:15)
- I represent a PR agency. I’m reaching out to you because we are in need of podcast placements for our clients on different podcast channels. (24:13)
- What are your thoughts on the company called Kwik Dry and its franchise opportunities? (25:01)
- Is there a cheat sheet for deciding which side hustle to focus on first, then second, then third? (26:28)
- What’s the latest with the YouTube channel? Seems like there’s a lot of potential there. (27:57)
- Read any good books lately? (29:27)
- How’s your Amazon influencer side hustle going? (31:38)
- Who’s the richest person you know? (33:27)
Links and Resources
- Get your personalized money-making playlist
- Ankur Nagpal on The Side Hustle Show (Proven Course Creation Best Practices)
- ADOPTER Media
- True Native Media
- Stack Influence
- Megan Champion on The Side Hustle Show (Monetizing Podcast in the Parenting Niche)
- Garret Kruger and Sabrina Ricci on The Side Hustle Show (Monetizing a Podcast about Dinosaurs!)
- Steve P. Young on The Side Hustle Show (Part-Time Podcast Turned into Multiple Streams of Income)
- Chris Hutchins on The Side Hustle Show (Audience Growth Hacks)
- Pete Sveen on The Side Hustle Show (YouTube Roundtable)
- Ben Feys and Kevin Niehoff on The Side Hustle Show (Direct to Consumer Skincare Brand)
- DIY Projects with Pete
- Woodworking for Mere Mortals
- Bryan Orr on The Side Hustle Show (HVAC School Podcast)
- Ryan Golgosky on The Side Hustle Show (Web Design Niche)
- Link Moser on The Side Hustle Show (Local Lead Generation Website)
- Cowboy in the Jungle – Jimmy Buffet
- Niche Pursuits
- Matt Diggity
- Project 24
- Podcast Guests
- Traffic Course by Nick
- Lindsay and Bjork Ostrom on The Side Hustle Show (Blogging Tips)
- Brandon Gaille on The Side Hustle Show (SEO and Blogging Tips)
- Jacques Hopkins on The Side Hustle Show (Online Piano Course Side Hustle)
- Spencer Russell on The Side Hustle Show (Teaching Toddlers How to Read)
- Emily McDermott on The Side Hustle Show (Selling Spreadsheets on Etsy)
- The Side Hustle Show Guest Application Form
- David Paxton on The Side Hustle Show (Daily Deals Business)
- Shelley Marmor on The Side Hustle Show (Hobby Travel Blogs)
- Matt Bochnak on The Side Hustle Show (Service Business)
- Stanley Steemer
- 10x Is Easier Than 2x by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Benjamin Hardy
- The Wager by David Grann
Looking for More Side Hustle Help?
- Start Your Free $500 Challenge. My free 5-day email course shows you how to add $500 to your bottom line.
- Join the free Side Hustle Nation Community. The free Facebook group is the best place to connect with other side hustlers and get your questions answered.
- Download The Side Hustle Show. My free podcast shares how to make extra money with actionable weekly episodes.