In this edition of The Side Hustle Show, we hear the super-inspiring story of Josh Isaak, founder of MySky. He talks about how he built the CRM software from scratch, beginning without an idea or coding experience, and using the customer’s money to fund the product before it ever existed.
We also talk about how house painting in college is a great gateway drug into the world of entrepreneurship.
- How Josh built a 6-figure business, part-time, while still in college.
- The sales process that worked for both painting and software.
- How Josh got $40,000 for a software product that didn’t exist.
- The proven cold calling script for idea extraction.
- How to use price anchoring to decide how much to charge.
- How to get a huge list of business leads for $10 a week.
- Differentiating your product from the competition.
- The mindset shift that made all the difference for Josh.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Phantom Screens
- The Foundation
- Dane Maxwell interview on Inspiring Innovation
- Dane Maxwell interview on Smart Passive Income
A big thank you to Mike Kawula from SelfEmployedKing.com for the introduction!
What do you think? Is this a good side hustle? I know I’m already thinking of businesses I could “idea extract” on.