In Episode 11 of The Side Hustle Show, I sit down with Jason Pliml, the founder of MockDraftCentral.com. We discuss building a web application business as a side hustle, even in an ultra-competitive area like sports, and what he would do differently if he had to start all over.
- The importance of idea validation (and the costly assumption that provided that lesson).
- Building a business based on what you love to do for fun.
- Picking a topic that’s debatable and that other people are passionate about.
- How being nimble allows you to take on bigger and better-funded competitors.
- The strategy Jason used get new users on the site.
- How to test different pricing levels.
- How to avoid scope creep.
- The 6-month ROI rule for new features. <– love this!
- Making the transition from working in your business to working on your business.
- Where to look for buyers for your business when the time comes.
- Jason’s #1 tip for side hustle entrepreneurs.
Mentioned in this episode: