A few years ago, a side hustler named Brock McGoff reached out to me with a guest post pitch.
The post detailed how he was making, at that time, $4,000 a month, from his blog about men’s fashion, on the side from his day job.
Since then, Brock has turned TheModestMan.com into his full-time focus, into a 6-figure income, and into a media empire that expands well beyond the blog itself.
In this episode, Brock talks me through how he generates content ideas, how the business makes money, where he’s focusing his energy for the best results, and how he’s taken his site from a side hustle to a full-time business.
Don’t have a website of your own yet? Check out my free video series on how to get up and running in no time.
Download the Free PDF Highlight Reel:
Want More Side Hustle Show?
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Freshbooks.com – Start your 30-day free trial today!
- Blinkist – Start your free trial or get 3 months off an annual plan and get instant access to 3000+ bestselling book summaries.
- Where the idea for his site came from.
- How he drove traffic and grew an audience early on.
- The multiple streams of income in Brock’s business.
- How he responds to brands requesting to work with him.
- His morning routine and his “must do” task every day.
- The off-blog platforms he’s seen the most growth on.
- What’s next for The Modest Man.
- Brock’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
Links / Next Steps
- Brock’s original guest post on Side Hustle Nation
- His latest income report
- The Modest Man on YouTube | How to Keep Your Shirt Tucked In (named as his best-performing video)
- The Modest Man on Instagram
- Genesis theme
- Bluehost (use my referral link for a special Side Hustle Nation discount)
- My free course on how to start a blog
Pin it for later:
Stock photo by Kostikova Natalia via Shutterstock