It’s time to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since the last Q&A episode, and picked 20 to talk through in today’s show.
Like this format? This is the 7th installment of “20 Questions” so feel free to go back and binge on the older ones too:
- 291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences: 20 Questions with Nick
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success: 20 Questions with Nick
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You: 20 Questions with Nick
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
This episode covers questions turning $100 into $200, my morning routine, $100k side hustles, and much more.
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Skillshare – Get two months of unlimited access to 25,000 Skillshare courses free!
- Gusto – Get 3 months free when you run your first payroll!
- Let’s say you’ve got $100. How do you turn it into $200?
- What’s your #1 morning ritual?
- Should I create a course around self-care? Am I even qualified to?
- I haven’t made a single sale (on Etsy) and am super demoralized. What can I do?
- How hard is it to make a website?
- How do you find a “tech” person for a reasonable rate?
- Why don’t you use ads to monetize your website?
- In starting my online business, which social media platforms should I focus on?
- What side hustles do you recommend that could generate $100k a year within a year?
- When you started Side Hustle Nation, how’d you get engagement from Day 1?
- No one is buying my book. How can I market it?
- What WordPress template do you suggest?
- How do you refer to affiliate links when you haven’t used the product?
- How big of a content backlog do you have / should you have?
- I’m a college senior interested in entrepreneurship. What do you recommend with the “real world” fast approaching? (How to make money in college?)
- How was your trip to Mexico? Did you feel unsafe?
- How do you balance family, job, and business?
- What’s the goal of your local meetups?
- Why’d you give away the PDF version of The Progress Journal for free?
- How do you organize your side hustle financially?
- Which gigs should I create first on Fiverr?
Apparently I can’t count and got a bonus question in there!
Links and Resources
- The Official Side Hustle Nation Facebook Group
- The $100 Startup
- Rob Stephenson, the Flea Market Flipper
- The Progress Journal | 5 Ways to Be More Effective Every Day
- Abbey Ashley on The Side Hustle Show
- 15 Things to Do When You Feel Broke, Angry, and Trapped
- The Fastest Cheapest Way to Build a Great Looking Website
- Stack Exchange … I think I meant Stack Overflow
- Access WP | Founder Anthony Tran on The Side Hustle Show
- Zen WP
- Grayson Bell
- Kate Ahl on The Side Hustle Show (Pinterest marketing)
- April Whitney on The Side Hustle Show (Instagram marketing)
- Chris Schwab on The Side Hustle Show (cleaning business)
- Rene Delgado on The Side Hustle Show (drop shipping)
- Nagina Abdullah on The Side Hustle Show (weight loss coaching)
- Dave Chesson’s AMSCourse.com
- Matt Rowell on The Side Hustle Show (knife sharpening)
- Kieran MacRae on The Side Hustle Show (mattress review blog)
- Taylor Pearson on The Side Hustle Show (apprenticeships)
- The Best Business Credit Cards
- My free credit card rewards course
- My interview on the House of FI podcast
- Pay Less Taxes: Tax Tips for Entrepreneurs and Side Hustlers
- Your Legal Questions Answered
- Keywords Everywhere