Through his best-selling books, Jon Acuff may be one of the most prominent advocates for the side hustle “brand” of entrepreneurship.
Jon’s a sought-after author, speaker, and consultant, with a share of side hustle stories to tell. While some flopped, one was almost an overnight success: his Stuff Christians Like blog. We talk about all that and more during our call.
I’m grateful to have been connected to Jon through Bryan Orr, a fellow entrepreneur who I actually met on Fiverr.
- How employees can begin to build their skills and business on the side.
- Why employers are starting to value workers who hustle.
- Why Jon says his popular blog “was a complete ripoff,” and how it started as a side hustle.
- The indirect monetization strategies of Stuff Christians Like.
- How to know when to give up and try something else.
- How Jon defines “average” and how listeners can learn to escape it.
- Jon’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
“I want the peace in knowing that is wasn’t for lack of hustling that I missed a target for my dream. I want to know that the one thing in my control was under control.”
“‘Average’ is living a life less than you’re capable of.” <– click to tweet
- Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job and Your Dream Job
- Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average, and Do Work that Matters
- Jullien Gordon | SideHustla.com
- The Tropical MBA Podcast | Rip, Pivot, and Jam
- Steven Pressfield
What do you think of this episode? Please leave a comment below!