A small blog doesn’t have to mean a small income.
Carol went from working as a freelance writer, to coaching others how to become freelance writers, to building one of the largest online membership sites for freelance writers.
(I found Carol while doing keyword research for terms like “get paid to write” and “make money writing” – and Carol OWNS this space.)
The best part is that the paid membership model is an awesome way to build an online business, and it’s a model that can be applied to just about any niche.
It didn’t come without sacrifice for Carol, who was working full-time and had two preschoolers when she started her blog. “I didn’t see a TV show, I didn’t go out to a movie, I didn’t go to dinner parties,” Carol explained.
But with hard work, a laser-focused attitude towards her goals, and good communication with her audience, Carol has built something special for freelance writers.
Tune in to hear how Carol built her membership site from the ground up. She explains how she uses funnels to constantly bring in new members, and how she keeps members engaged (any paying) for the long-haul.
You’ll learn loads of actionable stuff, and how you can also apply the same tactics to develop a recurring revenue business of your own.
Download the Free PDF Highlight Reel:
Want More Side Hustle Show?
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Skillshare – Get two months of unlimited access to 30,000+ Skillshare courses free!
- ZipRecruiter.com – Find your next hire for free today!
- How Carol came across the idea to start a membership site for freelance writers.
- How she surveyed her audience and built the site around the replies.
- The tactics she used to grow her membership numbers to more than 1,500.
- Why a paid membership group offers more value than free forums and groups.
- How she uses live Q&A’s and boot camps, and masterclasses to boost engagement.
- How Carol has removed herself from some of the day-to-day operation of her business.
- The tech and tools she uses to run her membership site.
- Carol’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
Links / Next Steps
- Instant Teleseminar
- Infusionsoft (apparently called Keap now??)
- Digital Access Pass
- Simple Press
Pin it for later: