This edition of The Side Hustle Show is probably one of the most inspiring yet. I’m joined by Kimanzi Constable, who shares his story about the struggle of entrepreneurship and his dream of becoming a writer.
We talk about the specific steps he took to get out of debt and build an audience of buyers for his books. This is a powerful one because Kimanzi opens up about how seriously he needed to make some changes in his life.
And because of the compound effect of those changes, it added up to a real side hustle success story.
When we recorded this, he had just moved from Milwaukee to Maui where he runs his successful blog, speaking and coaching businesses, as well as works on his upcoming book projects.
- How Kimanzi was an entrepreneur from age 19, but built himself into a business that made him miserable.
- Kimanzi’s wake up call that made him transition from existing to living.
- The hustle he had to invest in himself to produce his first book and website ($1200).
- How his first book sold 5 copies in 6 months (and 2 of those were his own orders).
- The specific actions he took to build his audience and subscriber base (and earned 6000 new subscribers in a day, without even having an opt-in bribe).
- How his first attempts at guest blogging were immediately rejected, and his unique strategy to get a “yes” from big sites.
- The life of a side-hustling author and blogger, and how you can do the same with some discipline and an hour a day.
- The other revenue streams that resulted from the books and the blog.
- Kimanzi’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Tales of the Everyday Workingman (and Woman)
- Are you Living or Existing: 9 Steps to Change Your Life
- Amanda Hocking
- Jeff Goins
- Kimanzi on Michael Hyatt
- Dan Miller
- Jon Acuff
- 10x Empire (Brendan Burchard’s $10,000 per ticket event)
- Darren Hardy
- David Bach
- Darren Scott Monroe
What do you think of Kimanzi’s journey? Can his success be replicated? Would you have made the same kind of commitment he made to his dream?