It’s time to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
It’s been a few months since the last Q&A show I did and I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since then. I picked 20 to talk through in today’s show.
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
I’ll cover questions about my daily routines, driving traffic, growing a subscriber base, staying motivated, making sustained sales, and what I’m struggling with today.
Tune in to hear my responses to those questions and a dozen more below.
Subscribe to The Side Hustle Show on iTunes!
Subscribe to The Side Hustle Show on Android!
Subscribe to The Side Hustle Show via RSS!
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Sanebox.com – Start your 2-week free trial today!
- How do you work? What’s a typical “day in the life” of Nick?
- What’s the download tool you use on SHN? Did you develop it or it is a WP plugin?
- Can I make money showing people how to sell on eBay?
- What sort of struggles do you have at this stage of the game?
- How can I generate continued book sales on Amazon?
- How do I trademark my business name?
- How do you create your Pinterest images?
- How do you motivate yourself when you’re feeling lazy?
- If you were to grow a brand new site from zero traffic to 10,000 visitors in under 30 days, how would you do it?
- What are your main sources of monetization from your blog and other businesses?
- Can I increase my traffic by publishing shorter articles more frequently?
- What’s your #1 email list-building tactic?
- What technology do you use to record a phone interview so you can focus on the conversation rather than frantically taking notes?
- What’s the benefit of making the podcast highlight reels into PDFs instead of putting them up on your site (which I assume would help you more with SEO)?
- How can I source inventory for my Amazon FBA side hustle?
- What made you silence your doubt of not being good enough?
- How do I know if my blog idea is any good?
- How would you go about requesting referrals from non-clients?
- Can you sell me an email list?
- Would you recommend testing the market on a service like Fiverr first, or launching independently and trying to hustle for some customers instead?
Links and Resources
- SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You: 20 Questions with Nick
- I Eliminated One Meal a Day With This $1.69 517 Calorie Breakfast Smoothie
- Treadmill Desk Revolution | My treadmill desk construction project
- Merch by Amazon: $53k in T-Shirt Profits in 10 Hours a Week, with Elaine Heney
- LeadPages | LeadPages Alternatives
- Amazon Ranking Secrets for Books and Physical Products from an SEO Pro, with Dave Chesson
- Your Side Hustle Legal Questions Answered, with Elizabeth Potts Weinstein
- $5k per Month Blogging Case Study: How to Drive Massive Traffic with Pinterest, with Rosemarie Groner
- Micro Habits: The Too-Small-to-Fail Plan for Big Results
- 200+ Ways to Make Extra Money in Your Spare Time
- Google Voice
- The Side Hustle Path series
- Amazon FBA: Retail Arbitrage on Steroids (Six-Figures in Year One), with Assad Siddiqi
- How to Build a 6-Figure Side Hustle on Fiverr, with Kendell Rizzo
- 3 Productized Service Business Ideas You Can Start Today
Is there a topic you’d like to hear covered on the show? Is there a guest I absolutely NEED to have on?
What can I do to serve you better in the coming months?
3 thoughts on “219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More: 20 Questions with Nick”
I’m an educator considering trying to make some passive income with Teachers Pay Teachers. Have you done a podcast with someone who has been successful with that platform? If not, would you consider it? Many thanks!
I’m a Side Hustle Nation newbie. Listened to this episode during my run this afternoon. I like this style of listener Q&A and you giving quick, actionable bits of information.
I was also a big fan of question #17 regarding the finances and fitness blog topic question. That’s exactly what my blog, Run The Money, is about. I talk about how the financial health and physical health both require the same amount of discipline to be successful. I started it in January 2017 and am currently working through EBA (saw you in the FB group).
There’s also another blog I followed called Fitnancials run by Alexis (Michelle of Making Sense’s sister). I know she is kicking butt. Think she’s doing it full-time now. And my blog has been well-received so far. So, there is validation right there for your listener.
Thanks for sharing and I’ll definitely be back for more!
Sweet! Thanks for sharing Dave!