Voiceover acting may be — at least in my mind — one of the most universal side hustles. I mean, almost all of us can speak, right?
My guest this week, Carrie Olsen, assures me there’s a little more to it than that, but also says it’s a business with low startup costs and low barriers to entry.
Carrie went from her first audition to quitting her job in a span of just 4 months. Since then, she’s done work for big brands like REI, Disneyworld, and AT&T, all while enjoying a location independent lifestyle.
On this call we get in to how Carrie broke into the voiceover business, how she landed her first clients, and how she’s grown her business over the last year and half.
Free PDF Download:
- Teachable – Join the free live training: 7 Steps to Launch Your Own Online Course in the Next 30 days.
- How Carrie got started in this business and her recommendations for newbies.
- The upfront investments she made in launching her voiceover career.
- How she landed her first clients.
- The “pay-to-play” talent marketplaces she found the most success with.
- How to rock your auditions.
- The hardware and software she uses to sound great.
- Carrie’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- The Voiceover Success Intensive Course (coming soon)
- Alyson Steel
- AKG Perception 120 XLR condenser mic
- Voice Acting Mastery podcast
Pin it for later: