Can I make a confession? I’m a little indecisive.
Maybe more than a little.
Bryn calls me slow. (I prefer “methodical.”)
This episode is about making decisions — or not making them — without regret, guilt, or doubt. It’s just me on the mic and it may be a good companion show to Essentialism and Finding Your ONE Thing from February.
Have you heard the quote, “If it’s not a HELL YES, it’s a NO!”? I believe this is attributed to Derek Sivers, and actually is a pretty handy decision-making tool.
But there’s a paradox; at some point you’ve got to say YES to something new or you’ll always be stuck in the same path. What if you sit around waiting for a HELL YES that never comes?
In this episode I cover:
- The side effects of YES.
- Some decisions I’ve said YES to but have come to regret. (Some very expensive mistakes.)
- Yeses I never regret.
- How the Side Hustle Shih Tzu came into our lives.
- A couple questions to ask before you say yes.
- Why FOMO is universal and why JOMO is BS.
- Some things I had guilt over saying NO to.
- How to re-position NO to reaffirm your YES and kill the guilt.
- How “optional obligations” creep into our lives and how to spot them.
- Questions to consider before saying NO.
- When MAYBE makes the most sense.
What can you say NO to without guilt? What “optional obligations” can you omit from your day?
What can you say yes to that will bring you more joy, excitement, happiness, results, wealth, or whatever else it is you’re after?
Let me know in the comments below for a chance to win a copy of So Good They Can’t Ignore You. This book was gifted to me so gotta pay it forward.
Get your answer in by July 3rd for a chance to win.