In episode 35 of The Side Hustle Show, I learn how Daniel DiPiazza from Rich20Something.com went from earning $18 an hour to $1000 an hour using his “Marsupial Method” for side hustle businesses.
It sounds hype-y, but it happened. Pretty crazy stuff, with parallels you can takeaway and apply to your own biz.
We also talk about the super-simple-and-obvious-but-almost-never-implemented way to score new freelance clients and find out why teaching what you know is the perfect side hustle. (The classroom-style leverage is what generated the massive hourly rate hike!)
- The skills you have are worth money.
- How to find the people who are really willing to pay for those skills.
- How to do business with them by finding who they’re already working with.
- Why teaching is a great side hustle, and how a packed classroom can skyrocket your hourly rate.
- Daniel’s Elance “hack” that made him $23,000 in a month.
- Daniel’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Hacking Elance
- The Marsupial Method
- Episode 34 of The Side Hustle Show w/ Ryan Cote
- Daniel on Twitter
- “I thought, I’ve got to have some monetizable skill.”
- “I realized my services were really valuable.”
- “I can learn anything.” <– click to tweet!
Check out the conversation, I think you’ll like it. Let me know what you think about the “Marsupial Method” in the comments below. Here’s Daniel explaining it in his own words: