Dropshipping is where you sell a product and the manufacturer or supplier ships it directly to your customer. You never touch the inventory and you don’t even have to “buy” it until you already have the cash in hand from your customer.
As you can imagine, that makes it an attractive business model that you can get started without a huge upfront cost, especially when compared with the Amazon FBA business of buying a large bulk wholesale order from a Chinese manufacturer and hoping it sells.
Dropshipping is also a topic we haven’t really covered in depth in the past, but many listeners have been requesting to learn more about it.
I reached out to Anton Kraly, who’s one of the most successful people I know in this space. He’s been selling online for almost 10 years and he and his team have built out an impressive portfolio or drop ship stores.
He also teaches people how to get into the business over at DropshipLifestyle.com.
I don’t know if it’s spelled dropshipping, drop shipping, or drop-shipping, but will defer to the two-word version since that’s the way Anton has it on his site. Like how I put all those in there for the SEO spiders?
Download the Free PDF Highlight Reel:
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Freshbooks.com – Start your 30-day free trial today!
- How Anton recommends new sellers research potentially profitable niches.
- The criteria he uses to select products to build a store around.
- How to avoid a race-to-the-bottom on product prices.
- How to quickly set-up a “dummy” store using Shopify for $30 or less.
- Where NOT to find suppliers, and how to approach them instead.
- His most effective source of traffic and customers.
- Anton’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- DropshipLifestyle.com | The Dropship Lifestyle Blog
- Doba.com (an example of a service not to use)
- Shopify (free 14 day trial)
- Google Product Listing Ads
Pin it for later:
Stock photo by Wayne0216 via Shutterstock