Update: The Side Hustle Show has been nominated Best Business Podcast in the 10th Annual Podcast Awards. If you think the show is worthy of that honor, please cast your vote here (PodcastAwards.com).
And if you really love the show, you can vote every 24 hours :)
This week I’m chatting with John Corcoran from SmartBusinessRevolution.com. John is well-known in online business circles for being “the connections guy,” but I was more curious in how he’s built his own online business than networking tips.
Today he sells his own premium course on Connecting with Influencers, plus earns money as an affiliate for other high-dollar, high-value online products.
In January, he earned $30,000 in one month, primarily as an affiliate for Ramit Sethi’s Zero to Launch course. Since John had gone through the course himself, and was seeing success with its methods, he was the perfect spokesperson for it.
In this call we get into building and selling a course of your own, the best ways to get it done, and maybe a little bit about building the partnerships to make a powerful impact.
Free PDF Download:
- How he leveraged guest posting on big sites to build his email list and influence.
- John’s never-before-revealed first product.
- How John “soft-launched” his course to a small email list as a live training.
- How he surveyed his audiences and made adjustments and changes based on the feedback.
- How one webinar resulted in $1000 in pre-sale revenue.
- The technical goodies: the hardware and software John used to make and sell the course.
- Why he’s put so much energy into side hustling despite a high-paid career in an affluent area.
- Why he chose to sell the course “direct” rather than through a third-party platform like Udemy.
- Why he thinks he’s seen five-figure success as an affiliate, and the bonuses he includes to incentive sales.
- Starting over, what he’d do differently <– this was a very interesting one.
- John’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- John on Art of Manliness
- John on Smart Passive Income
- John on The Huffington Post
- Antonio Centeno – RealMenRealStyle.com
- Charlie Gilkey – ProductiveFlourishing.com
- Ramit Sethi – IWillTeachYouToBeRich.com
- Fizzle | The Fizzle guys on SPI
What do you think? Could you follow John’s lead of building an audience by writing for big sites, and then building a premium course around a topic you’re an expert in?
Free PDF Download: