Tyler Zey turned his web development side hustle into a full-time business, but not without a few twists and turns along the way. Tyler’s actually a classically trained musician (clarinet), but now runs EasyAgentPro, one of the leading marketing services for real estate agents — despite having no background in real estate.
What he lacked in real estate knowledge he made up for with hustle. The idea to focus on real estate came after developing a website for an real estate agent. But instead of immediately “niching down” to serve that market, he started a blog instead.
Want to start a blog of your own? Check out my free 6-part video course on how to set up your own site.
The blog had some big viral hits, and drew a lot of traffic from Pinterest, but failed to make money. Tyler even invested a ton of time and energy into building a real estate marketing training course. Of the 1000 subscribers he had at the time, zero bought.
But this story has a happy ending, and it just took a little listening to what his readers wanted most, instead of what he wanted to sell.
It’s similar to the Hustler’s Path pattern: freelance –> agency –> productized service or software. But it all starts with taking action.
Today, the EasyAgentPro site is right around a year old and is generating about 70,000 visits a month. For the sake of comparison, Side Hustle Nation is two and a half years old and got around 45,000 visits in the last 30 days.
Listen in for a fun conversation with some great actionable takeaways for side hustles in any industry.
Free PDF Download:
- LeadPages. Join through my affiliate link and I’ll send you the step-by-step process I use the software for.
- How he decided on his niche.
- How Tyler grew his blog to 70,000 readers a month in less than a year — in an industry he knew nothing about.
- The types of “epic” content he created that went viral on Pinterest.
- The surprisingly effective lead magnet that generated thousands of email opt-ins.
- How his first attempt at monetizing the blog was a spectacular failure.
- The lightbulb moment that turned everything around.
- How he’s productized his service and is removing himself from the process.
- Tyler’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- 200 Real Estate Marketing Ideas
- 53 Lead Generation Ideas for Realtors
- The Hustler’s Path
Free PDF Download: