In Episode 39 of The Side Hustle Show, I’m joined by Mike Newton from HackingPhotography.com.
We discuss how to make a name for yourself in any business, how to score corporate clients (and why you’d want to), and how to generate passive income streams from a service business.
I met Mike at Affiliate Summit in January, just by randomly sitting at the same breakfast table, and I’m glad I did because he’s got a great business sense and a great side hustle story to share.
The conversation centers on photography, but I think the lessons can be applied across a broad array of different business models.
- How Mike’s passion for photography evolved from hobby to side hustle.
- How he got his first paying customers.
- The foot-in-the-door strategy that leads to awesome goodwill and word of mouth.
- The “aha moment” when one photo gig paid more than a month’s salary at his day job.
- How he differentiated himself and began to land lucrative corporate clients.
- How service businesses can leverage their expertise into passive income streams.
- Mike’s process for creating and selling his first digital product, without any sort of online presence or following.
- Why Amazon was not the right outlet for his Hacking Photography book.
- Mike’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Mike’s Hacking Photography ebook
- Fstoppers.com — the anatomy of a $100,000 shoot
- Traffic and Conversion Conference
- Mixergy — “gaming Amazon for leads”
Let me know what you think of Mike’s side hustle hacks in the comments below. Anything you can apply to your business?