I love the idea of having something for sale in an established marketplace, and I think there’s no better example of that than Amazon. If you don’t have a book for sale on Amazon you’re missing out on a huge audience of buyers.
You might not make a fortune, but self publishing is a viable side hustle and one I’m particularly excited about. And even though I have a couple titles myself and am earning a little bit of “passive” income from them, there are a ton of authors with far more success than me.
One of those is Steve Scott, the author of 15 (and counting) Kindle books. He’s created this impressive portfolio in a little over a year, and it’s turned into a business that generates thousands of dollars in royalties every month.
Plus, it allows for the freedom and flexibility to work from wherever he wants. A couple days after recording this session, Steve was jetting off to Greece for a month with his girlfriend.
Ready to learn how it’s done?
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to write your book in just an hour a day.
- How long your book has to be.
- Whether it’s better to write fiction or non-fiction.
- Why a book might earn you more money than a blog with the same content.
- The proven path to $300 a month in royalties.
- Why giving your book away for free can actually help sell more copies.
- One innovative way to use Amazon to build your email list.
- The importance of building your own brand, independent of Amazon.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Pat Flynn’s Facebook group for authors
- Steve’s blog
- Steve’s author page on Amazon
- My 30 Day Writing Challenge
- Problogger job board
- Steve’s new habits website
What do you think?
Do you have a book in you? What’s stopping you from writing it?
Have you already published on Amazon? What’s your experience been like? Let me know in the comments below!