In Episode 18 of The Side Hustle Show, Spencer Haws of NichePursuits.com shares his detailed process for niche site creation and monetization, including idea generation, competitive analysis, content creation, link building, and much more.
Spencer is the leading expert in this field, which is one of the most popular side hustles around. If you know a thing or two about WordPress (or are willing to learn) and can follow a few simple rules that Spencer lays out, there’s no reason why you can’t borrow his process to get started with a niche site or ten of your own.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- One smart way to generate “seed” keyword ideas.
- Why worm farms and buffalo nickels hold a special place in Spencer’s heart.
- The tools and metrics used to evaluate a niche.
- How Spencer overcame a $10,000/month ban from Google Adsense.
- Why rumors of the death of “exact match domains” are false.
- The link-building strategies Spencer uses to rank new sites quickly.
- Long Tail Pro – Spencer’s powerful and proprietary keyword analysis and competitive research tool. Use that (affiliate) link for $30 off.
- Pat Flynn’s Niche Site Duel
- Google Keyword Planner
- Moz (formerly SEOmoz)
- Open Site Explorer
What do you think? Are niche sites a viable side hustle? Have you ever built one (or several)?
Let me know!