This week, I’m joined by fellow online entrepreneur and freedom-seeker, Natalie Sisson.
Natalie is a masterful marketer, blogger, podcaster, and speaker, and on this call she breaks down how a blog post idea became a major turning point in her business, and was eventually re-purposed and repackaged more than a half-dozen ways — all ringing the cash register in some unique fashion.
The breakthrough moment was going from $0 to $15,000 in one month, with what I thought was a pretty savvy strategy.
If there’s a theme to the show, it’s to make the most of what you already have rather than always worrying about creating something completely new; a concept I know will appeal to side hustlers who are always short on time.
I first met Natalie at World Domination Summit in 2013, as she was launching her book, The Suitcase Entrepreneur: Create Freedom in Business and Adventure in Life.
Since then, we’ve crossed paths a few more times and finally got around to recording a pair of shows together, one for her podcast and one for The Side Hustle Show.
Free PDF Download:
- Website Magazine – Get a FREE print subscription to Website Magazine (no strings attached!)
- How Natalie went from “broke to earning $15k in one month.”
- How she turned an original blog post series on social media into a variety of projects and income streams over the next few years.
- The innovative way she filled the seats at her first in-person workshops.
- How she transitioned that material an evergreen digital product called Social Media Bootcamp.
- The technology she used to set up and sell the Bootcamp.
- Natalie’s first membership community, the Social Media “Club.”
- How she validated The Freedom Plan before building it out completely, and how user comments and questions fueled the direction and content.
- The tactics she says were most effective in building her audience online.
- Natalie’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- The Freedom Plan
- Startup Chile
- Matt Giovanisci on The Side Hustle Show (building an authority site)
- How to Re-Purpose Content Like a Boss
One is Greater Than Zero:
Re-Purpose Content 8 Ways to Sunday:
- Blog post series (free) –>
- Free ebook giveaway to grow subscriber base (free, but leading customers to paid options) –>
- Series of in-person workshops (paid) –>
- Online course and programs (paid) –>
- A membership community (paid) –>
- One-on-one coaching/consulting clients (paid) –>
- Speaking engagements (free and paid) –>
- A signature online program, The Freedom Plan (paid) –>
- In-person retreats (paid)
What do you think? Could you apply some of Natalie’s strategies to earn money from what you already have, rather than creating something totally new?
Let me know in the comments if this episode triggered any new ideas or inspiration, or if you have a content-repurposing success story.
Thanks for tuning in!
Free PDF Download: