Zeona McIntyre is earning $12-18k a month through her portfolio of vacation rental properties and her “co-hosting” service for other property owners.
She first became aware of Airbnb and the potential to earn some extra revenue back in 2011. She was in massage school at the time, but a friend of hers in New York subletted his apartment on Airbnb to the tune of $50k for the year — all while traveling full-time.
“I couldn’t ignore it from then; I started right away,” Zeona said.
She started by subletting a room in her apartment, then her whole apartment, and now owns five rental properties and manages or “co-hosts” another 15-20 properties on the behalf of her clients.
With a small team, some smart decisions, and some online tools, Zeona now manages her business from her home in Boulder, Colorado relatively hands-off.
This is the second episode in our recurring revenue series this month. If you missed last week, be sure to check out how a full-time cop built a subscription box service to $15k a month.
This week, tune in to hear how Zeona chooses vacation rental properties, how she calculates the potential ROI, and how you can get started in this location independent side hustle today with just a spare room in your home.
Download the Free PDF Highlight Reel:
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- ZipRecruiter.com – Find your next hire for free today!
- Incorporate.com – Grab your free incorporation toolkit today!
- How Zeona first found out about Airbnb.
- How she went from renting out a spare room to buying vacation rental properties.
- What “Co-hosting” means in the Airbnb industry, and how it can earn you “synthetic equity.”
- Why she stopped buying properties and is now building up her maintenance and management business.
- The metrics Zeona looks at when choosing a property to use as a vacation rental.
- How her Airbnb rentals are returning a 20% ROI.
- How to estimate the prospective rental value of a property across the whole year.
- How she manages properties location independently.
- Zeona’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Airbnb (Get $40 off your first trip!)
- Homeaway VRBO
- The Piggyback Principle
- Rental arbitrage
Pin it for later: