Giving away something of value in exchange for an email address is a tried-and-true tactic for business owners all over the world.
In fact, on this page alone there are 5-6 different opportunities for you join my email list, presenting a couple different offers.
The challenge I ran into, and that many beginning bloggers run into, is that even with the best opt-in offer in the world, they have no traffic and so their email list grows very slowly.
And so we turn to tactics like guest blogging to get our content and our message in front of a bigger audience.
But how about thinking even bigger than guest blogging. What if you could guest blog on one of the BIGGEST sites on the planet.
You’d take that opportunity in a heartbeat, right?
That’s exactly what my guest, Nick Stephenson did to explode his email list past 15,000 subscribers in just 6 months.
Putting a book on Amazon and making it “permafree.” (We get into how to get this done.)
How popular is Amazon.com? According to Alexa, it’s the 3rd most trafficked site in the US and the 6th most popular site in the world. (Probably a little higher than normal due to the holiday shopping season.)
You want traffic? You want readers? You want customers? You’ll want to listen to this episode.
Your free book is essentially your epic “guest post” — only a MUCH bigger site than you could ever hope to publish on regularly. Like a good guest post, it leads readers back to more of your content, where they opt-in with their email to continue their relationship with you.
This works for authors and non-authors alike. In fact, Nick pretty much convinced me I need to be doing this as well!
Free PDF Download:
- The Side Hustle Nation Inner Circle Mastermind. New groups are forming on a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply now to kickstart your business in 2015.
- Why Nick says Amazon is “a search engine for books — NOT a book store.”
- How to make your book permafree on Amazon.
- The kind of content you can include in your free book, and how long it might need to be.
- The types of opt-in bonus offers that work well.
- How to use Amazon’s keyword tags to your advantage and the tools Nick uses to speed up the research process.
- Nick’s “value-first” autoresponder strategy that’s turned into a passive affiliate income earning machine.
- Nick’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Nick’s author page on Amazon
- Draft to Digital
- Reader Magnets
- Kindle Spy
- Kindle Samurai
What do you think? Could you use this strategy to drive leads to your blog or business?
I’m anxious to give it a shot!
Free PDF Download: