Tim Johnson is a man of many hustles. In fact, when he applied for my Inner Circle Mastermind last year, I had a hard time keeping them all straight.
Between his day job as a product engineer, his awesome self-publishing business, his Amazon FBA activities, and an upcoming brick-and-mortar project — and twin 2 year old boys — there’s no doubt he’s keeping busy!
On this call, we focus on his book business, which is actually in a sub-niche of the Children’s book genre. As someone who’s always loved kids and had an interest in languages, Tim writes a series of dual-language children’s books that are available in English paired with 10 other languages.
This side hustle has earned a consistent $1000-1500 a month in author royalties, and you can follow along with the adventures of Bosley the Bear here.
Listen in for Tim’s 5-step system for creating a new product, and why he considers books products as well.
Free PDF Download:
- Get $25 off your first Airbnb stay through this link.
- How Tim’s book series actually started as an Amazon affiliate site, but he saw a hole in the market.
- How he set up a Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of the first book.
- Why having a paperback version is so important in the children’s genre.
- Where he found his illustrator, and how much it cost.
- Why Tim doesn’t sell directly through CreateSpace, even though he could earn a higher royalty percentage.
- His 5-step system to create and launch a new product. (And yes, books ARE products!)
- The most effective marketing tactics to move units.
- Some bulk-sales strategies to sell a lot of books all at once.
- Tim’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Value Definition
- Product Creation (to fill a market gap)
- Determining Features, Benefits, and Benefits of the Benefits
- Marketing Pre-Launch
- Tim’s books on Amazon
- Tim’s Children’s Publishing course on Udemy <–
free through July 9th, 2015 (regularly $197)!Now 75% through that link.
Free PDF Download: