Selling on Amazon is one of the hottest side hustles around, and I’m not talking about selling books!
In this show, we’ll dive into sourcing and selling your own physical products on Amazon by finding what’s hot in the marketplace, making smart purchases, and out-marketing the competition.
I’m joined by Andy Slamans, an Amazon seller who turned his online side hustle into a full-time business this May, and expects to finish the year with over $400,000 in top line revenue. (And $33k in 30 days and over $5k in one day on Cyber Monday!) Incredible!
Thanks to Maggie Cuson for the introduction!
On the call we take a deep dive into some best practices and tactics to set yourself for Amazon success. In fact, the episode runs a little longer than normal because there’s so much to cover.
This is a completely different animal from the retail arbitrage FBA business we’ve discussed before, and doesn’t involve going to the store and scanning dozens of items hoping to find a mismatch opportunity.
If this is a side hustle you’re interested in pursuing further, Andy and Maggie are launching a course teaching all the ins and outs of this importing and private labeling business. I don’t have an affiliate link for the course, but if you do sign-up and put “nick” or “side hustle nation” in the comment box I might get some credit :)
Free PDF Download:
Inside Andy’s seller account:
- How private labeling works and how Amazon makes it easy to participate.
- How to identify profitable products on Amazon.
- The types of products and metrics to look for.
- The “3x Rule” for pricing and profitability.
- How to screen for reputable suppliers on Alibaba.
- Andy’s negotiation tip for dealing with Chinese manufacturers.
- The time he made a bad buy and how you can avoid the same mistake.
- Best practices to set up your Amazon product listing page.
- How to generate some initial sales and reviews for your products.
- Andy’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- SlamazonPrivateLabel.com (dead link, replaced with AmazingFreedom.com)
- Andy’s weekly free spreecast on Amazon selling. (discontinued)
- Crazy detailed post on how Amazon’s search rankings work
Pretty fascinating business, right? What do you think — viable side hustle?
Free PDF Download: