I’ve been anxious to share the results of my Work Smarter Kindle launch with you, including all the behind-the-scenes work and strategy that went into it.
In this special edition of The Side Hustle Show, I break down start-to-finish everything I did to create the book, market it, and set it up for success on Amazon after the free promotional period ended.
- How a virtual assistant service built the foundation of the book.
- My two biggest goals for the project.
- How I seeded the book with its first positive reviews before launching to the general public.
- How I screwed up the formatting for the first 17,000 readers, and I how I fixed it.
- How I generated over $100 in affiliate commission promoting a free book.
- The email subject lines I used when reaching out.
- My costly Facebook mistake that hurt visibility.
- The marketing channels I used and the ones I believe were most effective.
- Why I changed the title of the book mid-week.
- My pricing strategy during the free promo period and beyond.
- How I successfully transitioned the book from free to paid, and have earned nearly $1000 in royalties so far.
- Fancy Hands
- Scott Britton’s 63 Lifehacks book launch
- Pat Romain (product launch specialist)
- My free giveaway landing page
- Chandler Bolt (on The Side Hustle Show)
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast with Jeff Goins
- Pat Flynn’s Kindle author Facebook group
The Kindle promo sites I submitted to:
- Pixel of Ink
- Bargain eBook Hunter
- eReader News Today
- Free Book Dude
- Author Marketing Club
- Free Booksy
- Indie Book of the Day
- Frugal Freebies
- Digital Book Today
- eReader Perks
- Free Digital Reads (resource no longer exists)
The Top 5 Kindle Promo Facebook Groups:
- Free E-Books Download
- Free Kindle and Nook eBooks for Readers
- Free Kindle Books
- Awesome Free Kindle Books Here!
- Free Books
This project was a ton of fun and I’m happy to be able to share the results and tactics with Side Hustle Nation. If you have any questions or comments, please leave a note in the comments below.
And if you found this episode valuable, please be sure to share it around!