In episode 17 of The Side Hustle Show, veteran app entrepreneur Benny Hsu shares his insider tips on how to get app ideas, build them out (even if you don’t know how to code), launch them, and promote them in the App Store.
In 2011, Benny famously made $30,000 in 30 days from his first app. Now he has a portfolio of different apps and quit his job earlier this year to be a full-time “app-preneur.”
More importantly, he has a new excitement for life that simply wasn’t there before discovering this side hustle.
I was lucky to run into Benny by chance at World Domination Summit, and I’m so glad I did because his story is really inspiring.
This interview is filled with tons of actionable advice for aspiring side hustle entrepreneurs and app developers, including:
- The letter Benny wrote to himself to “Get Busy Living.”
- Overcoming self-doubt and a string of side hustle failures.
- How to validate your app idea.
- Where to find developers and how to sort through all the bids.
- How to test your app throughout development.
- How to optimize your app for the best exposure in the App Store.
- How to reach out to app review sites and bloggers to gain traction for your app.
- Why Apple users are more attractive than Android users.
- How the freemium model can work for you.
- Benny’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
Links mentioned during this show:
- Smart Passive Income | Pat’s podcast episode on app development
- Episode 3 of The Side Hustle Show w/ Alex Genadinik
- List of app review sites
- My favorite money making apps
- App Academy – Benny’s course on Udemy
If you want to connect with Benny, check out his blog, Get Busy Living, or hit him up on twitter.
Do you have an app idea? Have you had any experience with the App Store? Let me know in the comments below!