Possessing creative powers beyond those of mere mortals, Don “The Idea Guy” is back to help talk through a common but tricky situation side hustlers run into.
You might remember Don from episode 170 of the show, where he gave us his 7 rules for business idea brainstorming and took a few live listener calls as well.
This week I invited Don back to help wrestle with the dreaded “conflict of interest” that might arise between your day job and your side hustle.
Inspired by an email from someone in the Side Hustle Nation Community, Don offers some suggestions on how to deal with this at your place of work. He covers how you can test ideas in your day job within a lower risk environment, and perhaps even leverage a raise from your boss based on the results.
Tune in to hear what options you have if your side hustle overlaps a little too closely with your day job.
It’s a little bit of a different style of episode, so I’m curious to hear what you think? Would you like to hear more of this “talk show” style show? Or should I stick with the regular interview format?
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Don’s tips on how to come up with new ideas.
- How to approach management with ideas you think can generate more value.
- The steps to help you put ideas into action.
- How to adapt your concept to different industries.
- Why you should be aware of non-compete clauses.
- How to ethically handle the balance between work clients and side hustle clients.
- How to avoid conflict of interest between your work and side Hustle.
- Don’s creativity tip of the week for Side Hustle Nation.