In this edition of The Side Hustle Show, I’m joined by Cameron Rambert all the way from Melbourne Australia! He’s a freelance marketing strategist and the founder of DigitalMined.com, a growing resource for struggling freelancers.
We talk about how aspiring side hustlers can get started earning their first dollars outside of their day job as freelancers — and I agree — freelancing is one of the fastest ways to make more money.
If you’re looking for a guide to kick off your freelancing side hustle or for ways to take your freelancing to the next level, this is the episode for you.
- How to decide what skill you can sell.
- The value of being hyper-specific about your service.
- The best platform to set up shop on to reach the broadest audience of potential customers.
- How higher prices can be a powerful point of differentiation.
- Best practices for your profile and description to attract clients and make it look like you’ve been in business for a long time.
- How to overcome the issue of having zero work history or feedback.
- What kind of jobs to look for when you’re just starting out.
- Cameron’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
“Make up in volume what you lack in (perceived) competence.”
In other words, hustle!
- DigitalMined.com (check out the free 7-step guide to making money on oDesk)
- Cameron on Twitter
- Daniel DiPiazza on Hacking Elance | Daniel on The Side Hustle Show
What do you think? Have you tried scoring freelance clients on Elance or oDesk? What service could you offer?
Let me know! I’m curious to test it out myself and see what happens.