In Episode 15 of The Side Hustle Show, I’m excited to have the hardest working man in radio, John Dumas on the show. John’s Entrepreneur on Fire podcast is tearing up the airwaves and earning him a healthy six-figure income less than 1 year after launching.
We discuss the viability of podcasting as a side hustle as well as the monetization strategies he uses to bring home the bacon giving away free audio content.
In exchange for your half an hour, you’ll learn:
- What makes podcasting an awesome medium.
- How an investment in coaching “paid back in spades.”
- The savvy way to find and pitch sponsors for your show.
- How to expanding the brand beyond the earbuds.
- John’s strategy for podcasting as a $500 per month side hustle.
Links and resources mentioned:
- Jaime Tardy | EventualMillionaire.com
- John’s sponsorship rate sheet for July 2013.
- John’s Book Podcast Launch
- Cliff Ravenscraft | PodcastAnswerMan.com
- Pat Flynn’s podcasting tutorial video series
This post wraps up Podcast Week on Side Hustle Nation. You’ll also want to check out:
- How Much Does it Cost to Start a Podcast?
- How to Get a Podcast to the Top of iTunes in 8 Weeks — With No Audience or “Celebrity” Guests [Case Study]
What do you think of podcasting as a side hustle? Have you ever thought of launching your own show?