Consulting can be a beautiful business model because it transitions you from selling what you do to selling what you know.
So what do you know that other businesses might pay for? What could you consult on?
We cover all that and more with Kai Davis this week on The Side Hustle Show. You may remember Kai from episode 4, “How to Quit your Job and Move to Hawaii,” in which he shared his strategies for getting clients and the framework he used to quit his 9-5.
I asked Kai back on the show because he’s one of those guys I always get so many great ideas from every time we talk. He’s a year further along in his business and has some excellent and hard-won insights to share.
- How to figure out what you could consult on.
- Kai’s “flipped pyramid” approach.
- How to make your consulting business viable as a part-time project.
- Two unique strategies for landing your first clients.
- The pricing strategy that removes your hours from the equation.
- How to set clients up for a retainer or recurring revenue relationship.
- Kai’s “roadmapping session” strategy that now allows him to charge a premium rate for a service he used to give away for free.
- How a consulting business could “scale” beyond trading hours for dollars.
- Kai’s step-by-step framework of how to start your consulting business and get your first clients this month, in one hour a day.
“Are you selling your time or are you selling results?” Tweet this!
- Kai’s email
- Double your Freelancing Rate by Brennan Dunn
- The Side Hustle Show with Virginia Roberts
- Patrick McKenzie | Patio11.com
- Draft Revise
- Kai’s free weekly newsletter
What do you think? Could you follow Kai’s 20-day framework to start a consulting side hustle of your own?
Free PDF Download: