Quit my job? “That’s stupid,” Kim Anderson told her husband, Cressel.
But she eventually did quit, and it turned out to be a really smart move. Together the couple paid off $93k in debt in less than 2 years, setting themselves up for a life of “financial flexibility.”
They did it through a combination of conscious spending, creative side hustles, and having a clear goal in mind. And perhaps what’s more exciting is what that new time freedom has allowed: starting a family, starting new businesses, and most recently even “retiring” Cressel from his engineering job.
In this inspiring episode, Kim and Cressel break down their path to financial freedom, which I think will get your gears turning on how to do the same.
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Freshbooks.com – Start your 30-day free trial today!
- HelloFresh.com – Get $30 off your first order with promo code SIDEHUSTLE30!
- How Kim and Cressel strategically attacked their debt in an all-out sprint.
- The side hustles they used to make extra money.
- What it felt like to pay off their house and become debt-free.
- The origin story behind Kim’s blog and her driving motivation in growing it.
- When they felt comfortable with Cressel walking away from his engineering career.
- What they’re working on now.
- Kim and Cressel’s #1 tips for Side Hustle Nation.
- Live Save Spend Repeat: The Life You Want with the Money You Have
- Cressel’s Makercise YouTube channel
- How to Blog for Profit without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup
- Liberty Health Share
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Cashflow board game