Quit my job? “That’s stupid,” Kim Anderson told her husband, Cressel.
But she eventually did quit, and it turned out to be a really smart move. Together the couple paid off $93k in debt in less than 2 years, setting themselves up for a life of “financial flexibility.”
They did it through a combination of conscious spending, creative side hustles, and having a clear goal in mind. And perhaps what’s more exciting is what that new time freedom has allowed: starting a family, starting new businesses, and most recently even “retiring” Cressel from his engineering job.
In this inspiring episode, Kim and Cressel break down their path to getting out of the rat race, which I think will get your gears turning on how to do the same.
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Freshbooks.com – Start your 30-day free trial today!
- HelloFresh.com – Get $30 off your first order with promo code SIDEHUSTLE30!
- How Kim and Cressel strategically attacked their debt in an all-out sprint.
- The side hustles they used to make extra money.
- What it felt like to pay off their house and become debt-free.
- The origin story behind Kim’s blog and her driving motivation in growing it.
- When they felt comfortable with Cressel walking away from his engineering career.
- What they’re working on now.
- Kim and Cressel’s #1 tips for Side Hustle Nation.
- Live Save Spend Repeat: The Life You Want with the Money You Have
- Cressel’s Makercise YouTube channel
- How to Blog for Profit without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup
- Liberty Health Share
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Cashflow board game