There’s no question that the Amazon FBA business is one of the hottest side hustles going at the moment, and we’ve covered it from a few different angles in the past.
Andy Slamans gave us a great intro into private labeling, Travis Scott shared how he was earning $4k a month with clearance arbitrage in addition to his full-time job, and just last week Assad Siddiqi explained how he was blowing the doors off his Amazon business, reaching the six-figure mark in under a year on the side.
But one of the questions I get most often (and honestly ask myself too) is how to come up with a product idea to import and sell. To that end, I’m happy to introduce Greg Mercer, who is the go-to guy for Amazon product research.
His own ecommerce empire has grown to $400k per month in revenue — yes, per month — and he’s the founder of the popular Jungle Scout software tool that helps make the product research process faster and easier.
In this call we dive into his specific sales criteria and next steps in evaluating a product’s profit potential and how to bring it to market on Amazon.
Free PDF Download:
- Teachable – Join the free live training: 7 Steps to Launch Your Own Online Course in the Next 30 days.
- The public metric Amazon gives you on every product that you can use to estimate sales volume.
- How to find out what products are selling well in any category on Amazon.
- Greg’s specific sourcing criteria <– this is gold!
- The types of products to ignore and avoid during your product research.
- His favorite categories for new sellers.
- How to spy on the competition to get product ideas.
- Next steps in terms of finding manufacturers, making sample orders, and your first “official” bulk order.
- How Greg evaluates manufacturers.
- Greg’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Jungle Scout (10% off for Side Hustle Nation; affiliate link)
- Amazon Bestsellers by Category
- Greg’s Jungle Stix case study
- Flexport freight forwarding
Free PDF Download:
Here’s a cool infographic from Jungle Scout: