We’ve covered Kindle publishing in a variety of ways on The Side Hustle Show in the past, and it’s one of my favorite side hustles.
Inevitably — it seemed — there was a fade from glory and whatever top rankings you were able to achieve diminished as the weeks and months went by.
For me, how long and drawn out that decline was has varied by title, with some books making daily sales for over a year, and others disappearing from relevance fairly quickly.
My guest this week has a way to stop that decline, and it works for both books AND physical products (for all you FBA sellers out there). Dave Chesson is a successful side hustle Kindle author and SEO expert, and joins me to shed some light on Amazon’s internal search engine ranking algorithm — and how you can influence it to your advantage.
Dave runs the excellent site Kindlepreneur.com, and has written half a dozen books (under pen names to avoid potential conflict with his employer) that cumulatively earn around $4k a month.
Tune in for an insightful session on how to sell more products on Amazon.
Free PDF Download:
- KindleLaunchCourse.com – Learn the proven process to take your book from idea to bestseller.
- The 5 most important Amazon SEO ranking factors — including the one that many authors and sellers overlook.
- How to set up your book’s title, subtitle, categories, keywords, and description for success.
- Dave’s favorite keyword and category research tools.
- How to drive your own traffic to your book or product pages — even if you don’t have an existing website.
- The holy grail of Amazon SEO: how to get your product page to rank in Google for your target keywords.
- Dave’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Dave’s KDP HTML Generator
- Kindle Spy – Best for category selection, $47
- Kindle Samurai – Best for keyword selection – PC only, $30
- Long Tail Pro
- Chandler Bolt’s Book Launch
- Quora | My first attempt at Quora
- Stack Exchange
- Slideshare | How to get on the homepage of Slideshare
When linking to your book or product, don’t use this version of the Amazon URL:
Use this cleaner version instead:
Free PDF Download: