Ryan Finlay from ReCraigslist.com makes a full-time living (and supports his family of 7) buying and selling items on Craigslist.
In fact, he used this business to pull himself out from $25,000 in debt and now teaches others to do the same.
This is really one of the most fascinating side hustle stories I’ve come across because there’s a Craigslist for your city that is probably teeming with “inventory” for you to run a similar business.
I’ve been wanting to get Ryan on the show since last year so I’m excited we were finally able to connect. The Craigslist arbitrage game seems very attainable; no technical skills required and not a lot of startup capital necessary (Ryan started with just $200 in the bank).
His operation follows the basic adage of “buy low, sell high,” but does so in a systematic and repeatable way.
Think you could earn an extra $50-100 per deal, or per day? Ryan gives the inside scoop on how to get it done.
There’s an inspiring story arc here, that goes from experimenting in a bunch of different product categories, to finding a niche, to helping others in their business.
Free PDF Download:
- How a couple early wins hooked him on the business.
- How he broke down his goals into a daily earnings target.
- How his friends provided a daily accountability system to make sure he was working.
- Ryan’s process for finding undervalued items, and his favorite items to flip for a profit.
- His process to cut through the clutter on Craigslist and contact sellers.
- Why he doesn’t negotiate hard on every deal.
- What other product categories people have done well with.
- Ryan’s best practices for finding inventory in the free section.
- Ryan’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
What do you think? Could you start this weekend and find one or two undervalued items? I might have to give this a shot!
Free PDF Download: