Fellow side hustler Freddie Mixell from ProjectPassive.com joins me on Episode 38 of The Side Hustle Show to discuss how to flip digital real estate assets. We cover the criteria to build an income-producing website from scratch, what buyers are looking for, and how to use this strategy to accelerate your side hustle earnings.
Freddie shares how to find profitable niches, avoid “webmaster welfare” aka AdSense, and maximize profit when it’s time to sell.
- How Freddie finds niche ideas in everyday life.
- One counter-intuitive tip for doing keyword research — why a “high” competition metric can actually be a good thing.
- Why some website buys are purely for SEO.
- Why Flippa may be the safest marketplace for buying and selling websites, and a couple other places to try.
- What sellers are looking for in an acquisition and how you can command a higher sales price.
- Where to find the outsourced help you need.
- One tool to streamline due diligence and why a seller might proactively purchase it.
- Why he says he’ll “never have an AdSense account.”
- Freddie’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Freddie on twitter
- EmpireFlippers | Podcast | Site Listings
- MarketSamurai (for keyword research)
- Google Keyword Planner
- NichePursuits | Spencer Haws on The Side Hustle Show | My Turn on the Niche Pursuits Podcast
- The Side Hustle Show w/ Chris Guthrie
- Freelancer.com – 35 400-word articles for $100?
- Due diligence report
Have you ever bought or sold a website? I’ve bought a couple domains (including SideHustleNation.com!), and sold one or two as well, but haven’t pulled the trigger on buying or selling any full-blown sites yet.
Definitely curious to hear about your experience in that arena, or if you’d like to get started with it. Let me know what you think in the comments below — or if you have any questions for Freddie I’ll make sure he sees them.