What’s the story of your first job-free income?
To celebrate the 4-year anniversary of The Side Hustle Show, I asked the Side Hustle Nation community to join me in creating a really fun episode.
I asked people to tell me how they first started making money on the side, and got 25 different voicemails!
In this episode, you’ll hear first-hand the steps your fellow listeners took to put themselves back in the driver seat of their own financial well-being. If you’re still looking for a side hustle idea, listen in for some of the simple and creative ways people made extra money.
And no matter how you shake it, that first sale is a powerful one.
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- DesignCrowd.com – Save up to $100 on your next design project!
- Rich Jones – (1:55) – Career consulting.
- Julie Morgenlender – (4:22) – Job search consultant.
- Matt Tran – (6:55) – YouTube channel (Engineered Truth).
- Shane Labs – (7:37) – Built and sold a joke website, which led to freelance work.
- Dr. Caitlin Faas – (9:25) – Freelancing on Upwork.
- Michael Alder – (11:37) – Carpet re-selling and installation.
- Elle Martinez – (13:18) – Freelance SEO writing.
- Stefanie O’Connell – (14:00) – Babysitting, hosting; now freelance writing and brand representation.
- Christi Johnson – (16:45) – Freelance copywriting.
- Ozeal Debastos – (18:17) – Selling break-dancing tapes on VHS.
- Tyler Basu – (20:20) – A book on sales published on Amazon.
- Dennis Smith – (21:55) – A book on how to use social media; now teaching courses on Udemy.
- Julia Tunstall – (24:03) – Rental real estate; now a website for bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts.
- Jalpan Dave – (25:28) – Stock market investing w/ options.
- Tracey Minutolo – (26:37) – Virtual assistant for podcasters; now a side hustle coach.
- Yann Ilunga – (27:48) – Freelance writing and web design.
- Kim Anderson – (29:55) – Sock monkeys, used educational electronics, and “boho” dresses on consignment.
- Sally Miller – (31:08) – Kids consignment event business; now self-publishing books and courses.
- Mike Riscica – (32:25) – Blogging and affiliate marketing. “If you can make $200, you can make $2000.”
- Priest Willis, Sr. – (34:07) -Affiliate marketing, dropshipping, and freelance web development.
- Aja McClanahan – (36:13) – Kool-Aid stand, database consulting, and blogging.
- Danielle Isbell – (37:48) – Photography; now digital marketing while traveling the world.
- Morgan Gist MacDonald – (39:23) – Freelance editing.
- Andy McCabe – (42:49) – Ebook and course sales in the insurance restoration niche.
- Scott Carlson – (44:33) – Building computers and selling them on ebay.
- How I Made My First Sale in 6 Different Businesses
- Buy Buttons
- Be Your Social (Dennis Smith)
- Udemy Live
- Make Money on Airbnb (Sally Miller)
- Make Money as a Freelance Writer (Sally Miller)
How would YOU answer? Be sure to leave a comment below.
Did you like this episode? It was my first attempt at a round-up style episode so definitely curious to hear your thoughts.