In Episode 28 of The Side Hustle Show I sit down with Scott Bold to discuss how Airbnb bookings pay the majority of his rent.
Just imagine, if a side hustle could cover your living expenses, would that give you a sense of freedom from your job?
Airbnb.com is the peer-to-peer accommodations site where you can rent a room from a local resident instead of paying for a hotel. And similarly, you can rent out space in your house to out-of-town guests, and make some great side hustle cash doing so!
On top of that, it’s a cool opportunity to meet people from around the world and show off your home town.
- How to get started as an Airbnb host.
- Considerations if you don’t own your home.
- How to screen your potential guests.
- The unexpected upsides and downsides of hosting.
- How Airbnb’s liability insurance protects you.
- Pricing strategies to maximize your income / occupancy / happiness.
- Scott’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- How I Made Money This Summer Without Working
- Airbnb as a real estate investment strategy
Check out Scott’s blog (offline as of 2018) and connect with him on twitter to follow along with his upcoming adventure.
What do you think? Could Airbnb be a good side hustle for you? Have you tried it already? Leave a comment below and let me know!